Modern Apprenticeship in Horticulture SCQF Level 5
This programme aims to give new and less experienced staff an initial qualification in the different areas of horticulture
and will normally take about a year of study and on-site training to complete. It covers areas such as establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others, agreeing how to manage and improve own performance in a business environment and establishing crops or plants.
There are six options:
- Horticulture including the preparation of growing media and the establishing crops or plants.
- Production Horticulture or Production Horticulture (City & Guilds) including assisting with the control of pests, diseases and disorders.
- Landscaping including the prepararion and use of equipment and machines.
- Sports Turf (Greenkeeping) including the maintaining the health and condition of sports turf.
- Sports Turf (Groundsman) including carrying out maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery.
- Parks, Gardens and Green space including the identifying the presence of, and assisting in the control of pests, diseases and disorders.
You will receive a Modern Apprenticeship at SCQF Level 5 and an SQA Scottish Vocational Qualification at SCQF Level 5 (equivalent to a National 5), plus short course certificates, including an Emergency First Aid qualification (one day course).